One of the primary objectives of the Wisconsin Association of Staffing Services is to provide legislative action on behalf of the staffing industry.
Wisconsin Association of Staffing Services represents its members and the staffing industry as one voice in our effort to communicate industry matters to legislative and government leaders and regulators. Visit this page regularly to learn about the latest news in legislative action.
- What you need to know about Safer at Home in Wisconsin March 25th, 2020 - SLOW THE SPREAD, SAFER AT HOME Starting today, Wednesday March 25, 2020, Wisconsin Governor Tony Evers has issued a Safer at Home order. It will be in effect from Wednesday, March 25, 2020 at 8:00 am and run until Friday, April 24, 2020 at 8:00 am. During this time, Wisconsin residents will still be able... Read more »
- Reach Out to Your Federal Contacts; Urge COVID-19 Relief for the Staffing Industry March 25th, 2020 - Time is of the essence. Please engage in outreach as soon as you can —later in the week may be too late. In response to the ongoing COVID-19 pandemic, the U.S. House of Representatives and Senate likely will take up a fourth COVID-19 relief package for businesses this week. ASA is asking for relief specifically... Read more »
- US DOL – Overtime Update October 28th, 2019 - On September 24, 2019, the U.S. Department of Labor announced a final rule to make 1.3 million American workers newly eligible for overtime pay. The final rule is effective on January 1, 2020. So don’t wait, get up to speed on the new changes! For more information to find out who is affected click here.
- Wisconsin Governor Proposes Marijuana Legalization and New Employment Laws April 8th, 2019 - Wisconsin employers reviewing Governor Tony Evers’ very first budget proposal may be surprised by the number of the employment-related items. The substance of those proposals may also catch employers by surprise, with some observers viewing the Evers budget as an effort to erase the employer-friendly legacy of the former governor, Scott Walker. Presented to the state legislature... Read more »
- WASS Supports Worker’s Compensation Medical Fee Schedule September 27th, 2017 - The WASS board has voted to join the Worker’s Compensation Employers Coalition in supporting important cost-savings to the workers’ compensation system in Wisconsin. While certain aspects of Wisconsin’s current workers’ compensation work well, and workplace injuries have dropped nearly 60% over the last 20 years, the medical costs have gotten out of control. Experience... Read more »