One of the primary objectives of the Wisconsin Association of Staffing Services is to provide legislative action on behalf of the staffing industry.
Wisconsin Association of Staffing Services represents its members and the staffing industry as one voice in our effort to communicate industry matters to legislative and government leaders and regulators. Visit this page regularly to learn about the latest news in legislative action.
- Additional Sponsorships Available for Nov. 9th WASS Legislative Conference! October 13th, 2023 - WASS Legislative Conference, Thursday Nov. 9th, Madison WI | Event Sponsorships $2,500 – Pre-Conference Dinner Sponsorship This would provide your organizations representatives with one-on-one relationship building time with Conference Speakers, WASS Board Members and additional CEO/Executive guests who are invited to join us the night before the conference. We only allow one sponsor for this event, hence... Read more »
- WASS Announces Speakers and Topics for November 9th Legislative Conference! October 11th, 2023 - 10th Annual WASS Legislative Conference Thursday, November 9, 2023 Madison, WI See our great line-up of speakers and topics! Session Topic: Navigating the Economic Storm Speaker: Jason Turner Chief Investment Strategist & Head of Multi-Asset Strategy at Great Lakes Advisors, Chicago CEO’s worldwide rank a pending recession or economic downturn as their top concern in 2023. ... Read more »
- ASA’s Staffing Law Conference 2023 March 19th, 2023 - The ASA Staffing Law Conference, May 18-19, 2023 in Washington DC is the only event dedicated exclusively to the legal and regulatory issues facing staffing, recruiting, and workforce solutions companies. Click here for more details.
- Important WFEA decision on Arrest & Conviction Record Discrimination March 15th, 2022 - On March 10, 2022, the Wisconsin Supreme Court issued its much-awaited decision in Cree, Inc. v. Palmer. The notable decision provided much-needed relief to Wisconsin employers by clarifying the WFEA’s arrest and conviction record discrimination law, easing employers’ burden for proving a substantial relationship when the underlying criminal conduct concerns domestic abuse, and rejecting LIRC’s... Read more »
- President Biden and the New Congress March 10th, 2021 - Thanks to Mike Gotzler, WASS Board Member and Attorney at Littler Mendelson, for his view of the new administration and possible issues affecting the staffing industry! Mike presented an informative webinar on Tuesday, March 9th. In case you couldn't join in, you can learn more about how voters are shaping workplace policy from Littler and... Read more »
- New Separation Notice Requirement for Wisconsin Employers October 14th, 2020 - Emergency Rule DWD 120.02 Beginning November 2, 2020, Wisconsin employers will be required to notify workers at separation about the availability of unemployment insurance (UI) benefits pursuant to an emergency rule recently issued by the Department of Workforce Development (DWD). As in other states, Wisconsin’s DWD has interpreted a provision in the federal Families First... Read more »
- COVID-19 and the American Workplace April 29th, 2020 - United States Department of Labor Quick Reference Links Temporary Rule: Paid Leave under the Families First Coronavirus Response Act Quick Benefits Tip Flyer Fact Sheets from the Department of Labor
- Ask Congress for Covid-19 Relief for Staffing Firms April 14th, 2020 - Ask Congress for Covid-19 Relief Contact Your Senators and Representatives Today As previously reported to ASA members, and in order to address staffing firms’ liquidity issues in light of the Covid-19 pandemic, ASA is asking Congress to afford the industry priority status for financial assistance. ASA is also asking that the date by which firms... Read more »
- What you need to know about Safer at Home in Wisconsin March 25th, 2020 - SLOW THE SPREAD, SAFER AT HOME Starting today, Wednesday March 25, 2020, Wisconsin Governor Tony Evers has issued a Safer at Home order. It will be in effect from Wednesday, March 25, 2020 at 8:00 am and run until Friday, April 24, 2020 at 8:00 am. During this time, Wisconsin residents will still be able... Read more »
- Reach Out to Your Federal Contacts; Urge COVID-19 Relief for the Staffing Industry March 25th, 2020 - Time is of the essence. Please engage in outreach as soon as you can —later in the week may be too late. In response to the ongoing COVID-19 pandemic, the U.S. House of Representatives and Senate likely will take up a fourth COVID-19 relief package for businesses this week. ASA is asking for relief specifically... Read more »